Ethics & Professional Standards
This module fulfills the requirement to understand SIOR ethics, mediation, and arbitration practices. Topics covered include: values, principles and ethics, ethical and legal standards, ethical problem areas in commercial real estate, and the SIOR Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice.
Upon completion of the course, the successful learner will:
- Define ethics terms and how ethics relates to business practices.
- Differentiate ethical issues from legal issues.
- Recognize situations where issues may arise in practice.
- Know how to manage a business practice to avoid ethical and professional conflicts of interest.
- Understand the due process available to a commercial real estate professional within SIOR involved in a business dispute.